Definition and Insights
The Steadiness "S" type
An reserved, people-oriented individual will enjoy relationships, helping or supporting other people and working together as a team. (The key insight in developing a relationship with this person is FRIENDLINESS and SINCERE APPRECIATION.)
People with the S style place an emphasis on cooperating with others within existing circumstances to carry out the task.A person with an S style
- is motivated by cooperation, opportunities to help and sincere appreciation
- prioritizes giving support, collaboration and maintaining stability
- is described as calm, patient, predictable, deliberate, stable and consistent.
- may be limited by being indecisive, overly accommodating and tendency to avoid change
- may fear change, loss of stability and offending others.
- values loyalty, helping others and security
Will need to expend more energy to:
- personal accomplishments
- group acceptance
- power through formal roles and positions of authority
- maintenance of status quo and controlled environment
The S Personality Type contributes to a team.
- quickly adapt to change or unclear expectations
- promote themselves
- confront others
The S style is reliant and dependable. They are patient, good listeners, who want to work with teams in a harmonious way. They strive for consensus and will try hard to reconcile conflicts as they arise. They are compliant towards authority and a loyal team player. The S is also good at multi-tasking and seeing tasks through until completion.Possible weaknesses of the S Personality Style.
The S is described as stable and predictable, this is because they like to get into a routine and what feels secure and stick with it. This results in an opposition towards change. However, when change is occurring, they adjust best when given a long enough period of time to adjust and an explanation of why the change is occurring. Because the S style is passive and avoids conflict, they may also hold grudges when they experience frustrations and resentments, instead of facing the issue head on. They strive for positive environments and relationships and can be especially sensitive when it comes to criticism. They want to please others, therefore may have a difficult time saying no or establishing priorities.The greatest fear of S Personality Types.
Because the S strives for stability and a feeling of peace and safety, they fear the loss of security through change.When communicating with the S style individuals:
Be personal and amiable, express your interest in them and what you expect from them, take time to provide clarification, be polite, and avoid being confrontational, overly aggressive or rude.DISC Classic Patterns:
Specialist, Achiever, Agent, Investigator